Self-Introduction



A good introduction will help new acquaintances learn the essential details about who you are. You shouldn’t feel embarrassed. A lot of people also become tongue-tied when talking about themselves.

What is a self-introduction?

A self-introduction explains

·        Who you are, Where are you from?, What you do and ,what others need to know about you, What are your special skills?, What are you passionate about?

Trim your’s self-introduction down. Some career service advisors recommend keeping your self-introductory speech as short as two or three sentences. Others suggest aiming for five to seven minutes in length. If it is not possible to make your speech this short, or if time permits you to give a longer introduction, you should still trim down your speech to be as concise, yet informative, as possible

Below are some examples of phrases you can use to introduce yourself and give other people a clear understanding of who you are.

You should provide a self-introduction when you are:

*       Beginning an interview

*       Attending a hiring event

*       Networking with new connections

*       Giving a presentation

*       Meeting people at a press meet

A self-introduction should include your name and occupation (or desired occupation) and key facts that will help you make an impression on the person you’re speaking to. The goal here is to communicate information about yourself clearly and quickly (in just 100 words), while showing a potential employer or client that you are a serious professional.  If your speech is supposed to be 3-5 minutes, a 7-minute speech and a 2-minute speech are equally inappropriate. If you are giving a brief introductory speech in an interview, be certain that you don't go over the recommended time.

Use short, simple sentences. Remember that your speech is going to be spoken out loud, and your audience will not be able to go back and re-read your words if something is confusing. Deliver your speech in such a way that no one will be uncertain of what you are trying to say. Avoid long confused sentences, and use direct and concise prose as much as possible. Think about your sentence structure carefully. Reading your speech out loud will help you determine when you have to be restructured.

Practice your speech.  Practice different inflections and experiment with how you pace yourself during the speech. You can practice alone by reading at first, but to get some feedback it's a good idea to perform the speech in front of a friend, family member or colleague. Practicing in front of other people will enable you to gauge whether your speech captures the interest of your listeners.

Memorize your speech. Know what you're going to say, and how you're going to say it, well in advance. Presenting without reading a paper can create a stronger impression of control, knowledge and confidence. It will also help keep your audience's attention.

 

 


What are the things to be included in self-introduction?

 

You need to include 4A’s (Academics, Achievements, Assets & Aspiration)

Academics- talk about your education, degrees you hold, certifications etc.

Achievements- your personal, academic and professional achievements.

Assets- your qualities, personality traits, your behavior etc

Aspirations- your future professional goals, what you want to be in the future etc.

 

Common Phrases for Introducing Yourself

State your name in the very first sentence of your speech. This can be very straightforward:

ü "Good afternoon!/Good morning! My name is Akash, and I am a visual communication graduate at the St. Xavier’s College."

 

ü “Hi, I am Yohesh kumar. I am a cinematographer with 5 years of experience.  Now I am very eager to meet the challenge of exploring new areas for your cinema company.”

*       I’m based in Tiruelveli, but I live in Chennai.( This phrase is used when you want to make it clear that your current living situation is temporary, or you do a lot of traveling because of your job.)

*       I live in Chennai, but I’m originally from Ramanathapuram/Madurai/Tirunelveli/Nagercoil

*        I was born in Tirunelveli / I grew up in Tirunelveli.

*       I’m a colleague of Ka.ka.pa I work together with Ka.ka.pa / I’m Ka.ka.pa ‘s brother / Ka.ka.pa and I both study communication at St. Xaviers’ College.

*       I’m the daughter/son of Dinamalar photographer Mr. Murugan / I’m one of three children / I’m the son of Dr. Kamala.

 

Phrases to Describe Your Job

These phrases are good for both formal situations like job interviews, as well as casual situations like parties.

*    I work at Communication  Experts in the Marketing Department

*    I have worked at Mirror Television as editing incharge since 2010 / for 8 years.

*    I’m responsible for the digital marketing campaigns

§  I’m in charge of  editing session and I deal with area reporters.

§  I’m in charge of the website /

§  I deal with the reporters.

Phrases to Describe Your Studies

  • I hold a graduation degree in Visual Communication from St. Xavier’s College
  •  I have a graduation’s in Visual Communication  /
  •  I have an BSc. in Visual Communication .

  


 

Samples of Self Introduction

Good morning sir!

  • First of all thanks for giving me opportunity to introduce my self.
  • I am Aditi Sharma.
  • I belongs to Kadayam and I am currently pursuing bachelor of …………………. from …………….college.
  • I did my schooling from …………………. girls school, Kadayam.
  • My hobbies are making poetry and story telling.
  • My strength are I am optimistic and trustworthy person. I am punctual at my work.
  • My short term goal is to be placed in reputed institution like yours and long term goal is to become skillful and coordinate towards the development of country.
  • Thank you.

 

·         Hi my name is Devaraj.

·         I'm from tirupati.

·         My father was farmer.

·         I studied zphs school in nethakuppam.

·         I complete my graduation in seicom degree college.

·         My hobbies are watching TV, playing chess, video gaming with friends & reading.

·         Thank you for giving this opportunity. THANK YOU.

 

  • Good morning/evening sir.

 I am glad to introduce myself in front of you and thanks for giving me this opportunity.

  • My name is ………….,
  •  I hail from ……………………a district of ……………...
  • Coming to my qualification, I have done ……………………. in …………… communication from …………………college, Palayamkottai in year 2021 with an aggregate of 72%.

 

  •  I have completed my secondary education in ……………………., Cheramadevi with 70%.
  • Coming to my strengths, I am a quick learner, punctual, smart and hard worker, responsible, flexible and adoptable according to situations.
  • My weakness - can't deny someone when he/she asks for help, straight forward as I don't like backbiting, easy believing in anyone.
  • My short term goal is to join a reputed company where I can utilize my skills and knowledge for the upliftment of company and where I will get learning environment to boost my career.
  • My long term goal after 5 - 8 years is to sit along with you and do the same job which you are doing today.
  • Thank you and it was nice talking with you. Have a nice day.
  •  
    • GOOD MORNING SIR/MAM.
    • My name is Deepak …………...
    • I have completed my ………………………… in Visual Communication .
    • I am fresher and now I am looking a job in the field of media where I can give my 100% best to arise the level of company.
    • My hobbies are reading books, playing game, remain eager to learn new technology.
    •  thanks a lot of you for gave me your valuable time.
  • I am glad to introduce myself Infront of you and I thank you for giving me this opportunity;
  • I am Madhu, Madhu bala, pursuing bachelor's of …………………. in ……………… from ………………..college.
  •  I am from My hobbies are gardening, learning new languages etc; My role model is ………………….. because he has clear set of values and commitment to community.
  • My short term goal is to get placed in a reputed company like yours;
  • a respectable middle class family; I assume myself practical and hardworking; I am a quick learner; I am self-motivated and flexible to adopt conditions; I am always keen to learn new things whenever I get a chance.
  • My long term goal is I must be in a respectable position and I must be a part of success of my company;
  • I always look at myself in that position where the company doesn't want to lose myself at any moment and at any cost;
  • Thank you for making me to speak about myself.

 

 

 

    • I am Devi, 20 years old.
    • I hold a bachelors degree in ………………….. and a diploma in ………………………………
    • I have 4 years work experience in FM radio and ………….Television fields.
    • Previously I worked with ………………… High School as a teaching Assistant for two years,
    • then Sampar Consulting Engineers for 3 years as a Human Resource Assistant and currently am working with Simba Telecom Limited as a Human Resource and Admin Office,
    •  I have held this position for two years to date. I have excellent communication skills, am self driven, result oriented, courteous, reliable and
    • accountable with excellent computer skills in micro soft package: word, Excel and power point.
    • I enjoy meeting people, traveling, playing sports and movies.
  •  
  • Good morning sir/mam.
  • First of all I would like to thanks to give an opportunity to introduce my self.
  • My self Meekshi. I am from Ambai district.
  • I have completed degree from …………………..college in 2022.
  • I have 2 year of experience of editing in visual media.
  • I worked with Jaya Television  2022 and currently working with Puthiyathalaimurai.
  • I would like to tell you about my strength or weakness. My Strengths are I m self motivated, flexible for all kind of situation, honest in my work, Now come to my weakness point I have only one weakness in me that I don't say no when some one try to get help from me.
  • My hobbies are listening to music what ever I like.
  •  I play cricket whenever I get time and one more thing I love food.
  • Thank you sir, for giving this opportunity to introduce my self.
  •  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

தமிழக நாட்டுப்புற கலைகள்

FORMATS OF RADIO PROGRAMMES

ROLE OF ADVERTISING IN MARKETING MIX