1. The head quarter of press information bureau in located at
b) New Delhi
2. Which country publishes maximum number of dailies in the world
3. SS Vasan of Tamilnadu started a periodical in 192 was
a) Ananda Vikadan
b) Anand Sahitya
c) Ananda Murti
d) Ananda Bazar Patrika
4. SITE is experiment on
d) Rural development
5. S. Kasturiranga Iyengar a lawyer become the editor of ….
a) The Hindu
6. The first multilingual TV network of India was
7. ESPN is a channel owned by
a) Star Group
b) CNN Group
8. When was the first Television transmission introduced in India?
a) September , 1959 in Delhi,
b) January 1963 Delhi
c) November 1958 Mumbai
d) August 1949 Kolkata
9. When was colour TV transmission started in India
10. Advertising agencies Association of India was established in
11. the knowledge skills and competencies that are required in order to use and interpret the media.
a) Media literacy
b) Media communication
c) Media Mobilization
d) Information load
12. British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) began the first television service of the world in
13. The households (out of total 223 million) in India who own a television…………..is.
a) 138 million
b) 100 milion
c) 22 million
d) 200 million
The process of combining the functions of two or three devices into one mechanism.called as
a) Device Convergence,
b) Operational Convergence
c) Corporate Convergence
14. Agenda setting effects are founded by ………….. in the 1970s.
a) Maxwell McCombs and Donald Shaw
d) Mc Quail
2 Mark questions
1. What is facing ‘3 R’ challenges faced by Doordarshan ?
2. What are the types of Surveillance ?
4. What you mean by Socialization?
5. Define Mass Media.
6. Write short notes on Cultural Diffusion
7. Differentiate high culture and low culture.
8. What it mean Disintermediation?
9. What you mean by Media Framing?
10. What is mean by Convergence?
11. What is the meaning of Counter framing?
12. Define Agenda Setting
13. Who is A “gate keeper” in a media firm?
16. What is the need of media education?
17. There are three different forms of cultural diffusion.
18. Define Urban society.
20. What you mean by media saturation?
21. What is information management?
22. What you mean by Visual communication?
23. What it mean media Oligoply?
24. Meaning of Media Conglomerate.
25. What is the Stereotypes effects of media?
26. What is the effects of Evil of “paid news”?
27. What you mean by MIS?
6 marks questions
1. Major Features of Rural Society
2. What is the difference between unban and rural society?
3. What is the power of the media?
4. What is the types of Media effects?
5. What are the way Media control possible?
6. What are TV comedy formats?
7. What is ‘uses and gratifications’? How we can classified into a four-category?
8. ‘Media as a conscious industry’. Explain
9. How not to study media?
10. What is the difference between Framing and the agenda setting
11. What you mean by media Framing? Write the types of framing?
12. What is the techniques of media framing?
What is the
14. What is the
15. What is the Characteristics of the Family
16. What is the importance of media education in a democratic country?
17. What are the Media effects?
18. What the critical issues in Advertising?
19. Why people use the media?
20. What is the importance of Visual Communication?
21. How media controlled by state law?
22. What is the economy of motion picture industry?
23. What you mean by agenda setting? How it differ from framing of media?
24. Who owns the mass media in India?
25. What is the Indian Media market features?
26. What is the role of the media in socialization?
27. How media Shape the Attitudes, Perceptions, and Beliefs of a society?
28. ‘The Media as a Primary Source of Information’. Justify.
28. How news media outlets frame stories.
29. What is the need of media literacy?
30. What you mean by Convergence? What are the types of convergence in media?
31. What is the principles of information management?
32. What is the duties of Information system professionals?
33. Who are media determinants?
34. What is the uses of cell phone? What are the characterstics?
29. What is the Major Programming Trends of Indian Television?
30. What is the function of media?
32. How People Use the Mass Media?
33. Write in detail about the Indian media owners as poitical party.
34. What is the economy of motion picture?
35. What are the forms of diversity in india?
36. Explain in detail Media ownership trends in India?
37. Characteristics of Traditional Mass Media Organization:
38. What is the Modern Mass Media Emerging Trends?
40. What you mean by Social stratification ? Write in detail according to class stratification?
41. What are the factors influenced the media?
42. What is the institutional structure of motion picture industry?
43. What are the Characteristics of Traditional Mass Media Organization?
44. What is the function of media on society?
45. What you mean by audience What are the types of audience?
46. What are the salient aspects about media ownership ?